Through the Lens VII

Thursday 9 July 2015


Tess Buckley

Year of Birth: 1999


Where are you currently living?

Oakville, Canada


What kind of creative work are you most interested in making?

Although I love all forms of art -dance, photography, acting, painting, etc.-, I enjoy music the most.






What elements of your life inspired you to pursue your creativity?  Was there a turning point or an event that made you want to become something?

Music has always been a part of my life, and my family’s lives, as a kid, bonfire talent shows and sing songs were a regular occurrence. There has always been room and support for anything I am interested in and thanks to this I was able to find my passion at a very young age: music.


Do you have an artistic intention, focus, or message that you try to convey?

When you look at the history of society we have celebrated the beauty in objects that are unique, it could be an architectural building or it might be a newly made hybrid flower. So why is it, that when it comes to human kind this is not the case. Society often frowns upon individuals who are unique… different from the rest. My main message is to celebrate and embrace our differences because that is why the world is such an incredible and interesting place.





This is a picture of me from the first time I recorded (last February) although my voice has changed a lot it was such an incredible experience and it is really nice to have the digital files to reflect on.


How do you meet and collaborate with like-minded people?

At this point in my life my most successful collaboration have happened with friends of all ages from various places like school, camp, work, and the cottage.





How do you think the internet and social media can benefit creatives like you?


The Internet definitely helps to expand the audience of a creative because you are reaching people that would never otherwise experience your art/music due to distance or budget.  But on the other hand, it is sometimes hard to be heard because there is so much white noise.


Thoughts on social media and anonymity?

Personally I like meeting other artists in person through mutual friends or mentors, as it is easier to connect and I prefer the human/personal interaction. On a positive note the Internet allows me to explore past and present artists from around the world.  Jazz is one of my favourite genres to perform and it was the most popular in the 1920s.  Through the Internet I am able to learn and listen
to the greats such as Ella Fitzgerald, Billy Holiday and Louis Armstrong



Website? Social Media?

http://tesssings.com/
You can also watch my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/tessbuckleysings







1 comment:

 
Blogging tips