Cheers to the New Year!

Thursday 1 January 2015


So long 2014 - you are a thing of the past; an imaginary 365 page scrapbook with all the highs and all the lows tucked neatly away on the shelf with the other eighteen years that came before.  

I don't really know what to say about 2014 except that I am grateful to have lived it.  There's one quote that comes to mind that really sums up my feelings: a gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.  In that respect, what have you got to say for a year without obstacles?  If you are the same person on January 1st 2015 as you were 365 days ago, you've lost a year with nothing to show for it.  The key is to remember that any experience will change you for the better.  You win and you learn or you lose and you learn.  I have to admit I have done a lot of the losing side of things this year but as I reflect on my personal growth, I cannot allow the more dismal experiences to taint my true successes.  And I don't want yours to taint your reflection either.  Treat the goods and the bads equally.  Because either way you learned something important; about yourself, about others, about life.  That's progress!  And ultimately, life is about progress, not perfection. Wow, cheezy, but true.

The temptation is to look back instead of forward.  The past is familiar and the future is unknown.  Yeah, reflecting on the year is a great idea right about now, but dwelling on the would haves could haves should haves is not.  The future is a blank slate! Don't be afraid of it.  Say to yourself, like I have, that you are going to take life by the reins this year before it takes you for a spin of its own.  You are the only player in this game.  Every move is your choice and the power of choice can take you to greater heights than you've ever seen before.  But to trust in yourself is the first resolution we all must make for 2015.  Trust.  Trust in what is good and right and real and the choices will come.

I cannot wait to see what 2015 is going bring for you guys!  Only one day in and it feels like all the pieces are just waiting to fall into place.

Love you and live good.

xo B 

  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips